STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Boy dies after hot water falls on him

A four-year-old boy died on Sunday after a bucket of hot water fell on him at his residence in Yelahanka Upanagar. The boy is Sheshadri, son of Asha, an employee at a garment factory.

Published: 07th March 2017 06:58 AM  |   Last Updated: 07th March 2017 06:58 AM   |  A+A-

By Express News Service

BENGALURU: A four-year-old boy died on Sunday after a bucket of hot water fell on him at his residence in Yelahanka Upanagar. The boy is Sheshadri, son of Asha, an employee at a garment factory.


Police said the incident took place on Friday when Asha was heating a bucket of water with an immersion heater. She had gone outside to bring cold water from a tank on the street near Amba Bhavani temple.

This is when Sheshadri, who was playing at the house, pulled the bucket and hot water fell on him. He screamed for help and his grandmother Lakshmidevi found him and alerted the neighbours. He was then rushed to Victoria Hospital.


The boy suffered 70 per cent burn injuries and succumbed on Sunday night.

Stay up to date on all the latest Bengaluru news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp