STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Karnataka State Open University students still battling for some relief

Published: 11th October 2018 10:40 AM  |   Last Updated: 11th October 2018 10:40 AM   |  A+A-

By Express News Service

BENGALURU: It looks like there is still no relief for those who have pursued courses at Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) in the academic year 2013-14, due to the UGC withdrawing their affiliation.

During the one-year period over 1.80 lakh, students had enrolled for various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. However, UGC withdrew their affiliation citing reasons like violation of jurisdiction and territory in setting up of study centres and offering technical courses.

Now the matter has landed in Court and KSOU has got a stay from the Kerala High Court order asking the varsity to give a refund of `3 lakh for each student.

Though the university had issued them marks cards after the government order based on then additional Chief Secretary Rathna Prabha’’s report, the authorities say it is just a temporary arrangement and those students cannot apply for any government jobs as there is no convocation certificate issued to them.

“We are ready to conduct exams for non-technical courses. And if they get permission from all India Council for Technical Education we will conduct exams even for technical courses,” said Prof D Shivalingaiah, vice chancellor KSOU adding that there was no there is no question of refunding `3 lakh because only about 25 per cent of the admission fee was remitted to the university while the remaining 75 percent was paid to collaborators.

Convocation for 2012-13 batch may be held

The university has written to the Governor requesting his permission to conduct convocation for 2012-13 batch students. If the governor agrees, then the convocation will be held in the month of January or February. Over 90,000 in-house students are eligible to get their degree certificates in this conversation, the VC said.

Some high profile candidates waiting to get their convocation includes former ministers CT Ravi, Umashree and present minister DK Shivakumar. Convocation for 2012-13 batch may be held.

Over 90,000 in-house students are eligible to get their degree certificates in this conversation, the VC said.  Some high profile candidates waiting to get their convocation includes former ministers CT Ravi, Umashree and present minister DK Shivakumar.

Comments(20)

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

• Pradip Kumar

I have cleared Mechanical diploma course August 2015.but I have not receive certificate till date university said UGC issue my roll no.121041DME0020 and my current contact number is 9126888889 please contact me....
  • Jayprakash Singh chaohan

I have cleared electrical diploma course August 2015.but I have not receive certificate till date university said UGC issue my roll no.121041DE0189
  • Mizba farheen

My name is mizba farheen..i have enrolled in 2013 for b. A... Still I didn't get my convocation..plz do issue our certificates ND convocation...i am single mother ND am struggling to get government job..but due to invalid degree I am unable to pursue my education... Plz issue our convocation...plzzx
  • satish parashar

sir my 100 students are registered in 2013-14 for ded course through collabrouter need foundation delhi
  • Niranjan

i am also waiting for my degree certificate MSC(IT). It will crush my career. Please do some immediate action on it.
  • Nikhil K K

• RAJESH CHOUDHARY

Everybody playing with common people . what are the fault of the those students who take admission in ksOU
  • Diju Dayan

We a bunch of students still waiting for our degrees...We completed BBA Aviation from KSOU through SHA- SHIB aviation academy cochin
  • Pranav Adhav

I along with bunch of students are also waiting for degree certificate. It is hampering career. Without our degree we are not eligible to apply for further studies or job. Pranav (8879285837)
  • Giridhara.N

I am also waiting for my degree certificate. it will crush my career. without degree i am not eligible to get any Job. Giridhara.N (7259602866)
    • ROHINI JAMES

Go protest
  • chander soni

i am also waiting for my degree certificate. it will crush my career. without degree i am not eligible to get any govt. job. chander 8607765123
  • Kf

What about us ? I did my msc botany 2013-2015 and still didn't receive convocation Plz do consider about us too. Our future is dependent on this.
    2 years ago reply
    • ROHINI JAMES

Make a noise. Protest. Simply asking silly questions
  • Diju Dayan T U

We a bunch of students still waiting for our degree certificate
    2 years ago reply
    • roopa

It is better to make a platform of students who have not received their degrees marks cards and degree certificates from KSOU and question this issue in the court of law. University is liable to give marks cards and certificates for the course it has conducted no matter whether they are recognised or not.
    • ROHINI JAMES

Silly instead of just sitting and brooding
  • Dinesh Das

what should the students do of academic session 2012-2014. m.sc.physics.
    2 years ago reply
    • ROHINI JAMES

Sit and cry. Nonsense. Get up and protest. Simply asking silly questions instead of doing something
      • Ajit Kumar