Be it spicy, tangy, creamy or cheesy, pasta can be prepared in different ways. Check out some of these easy recipes you can make at home to have a good time
Quick Veggie Aglio e Olio
Recipe by Shelendra Pawar, @fullbellybliss
150 to 200 gm spaghetti 5 to 6 garlic cloves, chopped or minced 1 tbsp butter 8-10 button mushrooms, diced 1 onion, diced 3 to 4 cherry tomatoes or ½ tomato, diced Salt as required
Pepper as required
Dried herbs/seasoning (optional)
1 tsp olive oil or butter (optional)
2 to 3 leaves of fresh basil, roughly chopped for garnish (optional)
- Boil spaghetti in salted water until al dente.
- Drain the water but do not rinse the pasta.
- In a pan, heat the butter.
- Add the garlic and onion, sauteing for 2 to 3 minutes, till slightly translucent.
- Add mushrooms and let them sweat on high heat for a couple minutes.
- Add tomatoes and saute
- 2 to 3 minutes till it
- becomes mushy.
- Add salt, pepper and whatever available dried herbs/seasonings you have.
- Toss the spaghetti and add a drizzle of olive oil or more butter if you wish.
- Plate and top with chopped fresh herbs (preferably basil).
Vegan Creamy Pesto Chickpea Fettuccine
Recipe by Priya Vijan, @priya_vijan
- Chickpea pasta dough 35 gm chickpea flour
- 15 gm tapioca flour 5 gm flax meal
- 45 ml warm water 1/8 tsp salt
For Creamy Pesto
- 10 gm basil leaves
- 5 gm roasted walnuts/pine nuts
- 5 gm cashews
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- For the dough, mix the flax meal and water, keeping it aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the mixture with the rest of the dough ingredients. Knead well and let it rest for 15 mins.
- Roll into a sheet and cut strips using a pizza cutter.
- Add it in boiling water with salt. Remove them as soon as they begin to float.
- Grind all the pesto ingredients to make a sauce of desired consistency.
- In a pan, add the pesto on low heat.
- Toss the pasta in the pesto sauce.
- Garnish with cherry tomato and microgreens.
Chicken Broccoli Pasta
Recipe by Subhasmita Panigrahi, @theflavoursofkitchen
- 250 gms pasta
- 1 head broccoli
- 300 gms boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt ½ tsp pepper 1 tsp Italian seasoning 2 tbsp butter ½ tbsp minced garlic 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ cup pasta water
- 1½ cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Cook pasta as per package instructions.
- Reserve 1½ cup of the pasta cooking water to use later.
- Cut broccoli into florets. Blanch them in boiling salted water for 1 minute. Drain and keep aside.
- In a skillet or a dutch oven, heat olive oil.
- Saute chicken, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add butter and minced garlic.
- Add flour and saute for another minute until the raw smell of flour is gone.
- Slowly add cream with one hand while continuously stirring to avoid any lumps.
- Add 1 cup of the pasta water to parmesan cheese, mixing to form a smooth sauce.
- Add cooked pasta, chicken, broccoli florets, and nutmeg, mixing everything well. If required add more pasta water to get desired consistency.
- Serve with more Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.