STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Man checking snag in cable electrocuted

Published: 14th September 2013 07:53 AM  |   Last Updated: 14th September 2013 07:53 AM   |  A+A-

A 53-year-old man was electrocuted at Madhavaram on Thursday when he touched an iron cable which was live due to electrical leakage in the house.

Police said, the deceased Narayanan, of Telugu Colony, had touched the wire at around 6 pm after his wife Maathammal suffered a mild electric shock when she was putting washed clothes on the cable for drying.  “Maathammal had first suffered a mild shock and screamed. On hearing it, Narayanan rushed to the backyard. When he tried to check the cable and touched it, he was thrown away,” police said.

The locals have rushed Narayanan to a local hospital. But, the doctors have declared him brought dead.

In separate incident, body of a man washed away in floods in the Adyar River at Gowl Bazaar near Pallavaram on Wednesday was recovered on Friday. Muthu (26), a lorry driver, was washed away when he was trying to cross a causeway.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

edexworks
flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp