CHENNAI: One of the 14 people, who were on ventilator support at the MIOT Hospital, was allegedly suffering from rat fever.
The deceased was Wilson (72). In the death certificate issued by the hospital which Express had access to mentioned the cause of the death as ‘multi-organ dysfunction/ tropical fever/leptospirosis/septic shock.’
Inder Rajkumar, son of Wilson (72), from Ranipet, who was in the hospital told Express: “The hospital told me that my father had symptoms of dengue and was put on treatment. They gave me cause of the death as this,” he said, showing the report.
The patient was put on ventilator support when his condition became critical a week ago.
But on Wednesday, he died of lack of oxygen supply as there was no power in the hospital, Inder added.