Sri Lankan refugee electrocuted

A 54-year-old Sri Lankan refugee was electrocuted at the refugee camp in Tiruvallur district on Tuesday evening.

Published: 19th May 2016 12:11 AM  |   Last Updated: 19th May 2016 12:11 AM   |  A+A-

CHENNAI: A 54-year-old Sri Lankan refugee was electrocuted at the refugee camp in Tiruvallur district on Tuesday evening.
The victim, Ranganathan alias Ranga, a native Trincomalee, had been residing in the camp for the last few years.
The incident occured when Ranga had attempted to fix a fault in the electrical junction box. Other inmates at the camp, came to his rescue and rushed him to a private hospital near Puzhal. However, doctors declared him brought dead. Police registered a case and moved the body to the Stanley medical college and hospital. The Sri Lankan Deputy High Commission in Nungambakkam was informed about the incident.

Stay up to date on all the latest Chennai news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp