HYDERABAD: Valuable plastic material, two bikes and three huts were gutted in two fire mishaps that took place in two different locations falling under Dundigal and Kushaiguda police station limits here on Thursday.
In the fire mishap that took place at a godown filled with plastic material located at Suraram colony, in Dundigal police station limits a huge quantity of plastic material was gutted. Locals alerted the police after they saw smoke coming out and fire sparks fly. Dundigal police rushed to the spot and doused the flames with assistance of water tankers. “We rushed to the spot soon after we received information. Plastic material which was kept in the building was gutted in the mishap. Short circuit could be the reason,” V Baskhar, Inspector, Dundigal said.
In another fire accident, three huts and two bikes were gutted. The accident took place at Hanumannagar in Kushaiguda police station limits. Around 12.30 p.m on Thursday, one hut caught fire and flames spread over to two other huts due to heavy winds.
Three huts and two bikes were gutted in the accident. Police said that the fire mishap occurred due to short circuit.