HYDERABAD: National Thermal Power Corporation is organising a painting competition for school children in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh as part of its nationwide energy conservation campaign launched by Bureau of Energy Efficiency and Ministry of Power. Schools can conduct painting competitions in their premises for students of classes 4,5 and 6 (category A) in one group and for classes 7,8 and 9 (category B)in another group. Two best paintings from each school have to be sent to the NTPC by October 4, 2014.
- Category A include ‘Save Energy, Secure Your Future’, ‘Conserve Energy for Brighter Future’ and ‘Bijili Bachao, Prakash Badao’.
- Category B, include ‘Global Warming is Global Warning’, ‘Make It Right, Change Your Light’ and ‘Urja Bachat Ki Sanskritika Kare Vikas Ujwal Hoga Bhavishy Aur Ghar-Ghar Prakash’.
- Fifty best paintings from each group will be selected from among all the schools in the state for final state-level painting competition to be conducted on November 15, at Hari Hara Kala Bhavan in Secunderabad.
- Prizes for competitions for each group and each state
- First Prize Rs 20,000
- Second Prize Rs 15,000
- Third Prize Rs 10,000
- 10 Consolation Prizes Rs 2,500
To participate contact NTPC co-ordinators at 094409 18577 and 09440 918332.