HYDERABAD: Women and girls swear by their accessories. For most, nothing gives a high as shopping. But, when it comes to their storage, all that retail therapy becomes tedious task. Earrings, danglers and stud all get entangled in boxes and trays, making these not-the-most-viable-solutions. Here is an easy-to-make and perfect DIY hanger for the best upkeep of your nth number of earrings
What you need
- Thick cloth
- Needle and thread
- A sturdy hanger (Avoid one that’s too curvy or has ridges along the top section)
- Clear vinyl that’s thin enough to sew through
- Lace or thin fabric
What to do:
- Cut the fabric into dimensions of 20 x 35 inches. Trim the edges.
- Take one of rectangle pieces (face down) and place your hanger along the top of your rectangle piece. Trace around the top contour of the hanger, about a 1/2 inch away from the hanger and cut along the contour. Use this cloth to cut the second cloth as well.
- Round the bottom corners of the fabric
- Cut four strips of vinyl that are 28 x4.5 inches and another one strip that is 28 x5 1/2 inches.
- Draw a line 6.5 inches from the top. This is where the first row of pockets will be. Draw rest of the lines four inches below each other. You can keep the last line at a distance of five inches.
- Add two pleats to each pocket (to allow stuff to fit in it).
- Ensure each pocket is about 3 3/4 inches apart. For this, each pleat needs an extra 3/4 inch of length to fold. To not get confused make markings on the vinyl sheet.
- Sew the ends vinyl to the fabric.
- Now join both pieces of cloths and use the lace or thin cloth to make a border and sew through. But don’t sew the bottom yet. Also remember to leave a small opening at the top.
- Place the hanger and pull out the hook through the opening.
- Now you can stitch the bottom too. Viola! your earring/jewellery hanger is ready.