Easy and delicious way to impress family and guests with chef Saurav Choudhuri’s seafood recipes
Crumb fried fish and chips
Fish fillet without skin (hallibut / black pomfret) 360 gms
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Flour (sieved) 80 gms
Bread crumbs 80 gms
Lemon (cut in to wedges without seed) 1 no
Parsley (chopped) 20 gms
lemon juice (freshly squeezed) 1 no
French fries 160 gms
Refined oil to fry
Egg beaten well 1 no
- Marinate fish with salt pepper and lemon juice
- Dredge fish fillet with flour, dropping of excess
- Dip in beaten egg and dredge again with bread crumbs dropping of the excess
- Heat oil and deep fry the fillets till golden .
- Drain well on a paper towel to soak off excess oil
- Separately fry french fries till crisp and golden.
- Serve garnished with lemon wedge and a dipping sauce of your choice.
- Traditionally served with tartar sauce
Prawns 250 gms (18-20)
Tomato roasted in an oven@180C for 10 minutes 30 gms
Pineapple peeled cut into dices and roasted 20 gms
Capsicum roasted in an oven @180C for five minutes 25 gms .
Onion roasted in an oven @180C for five minutes 20 gms
Garlic roasted in an oven @180C for five minutes 10 gms
Salt to taste
Tomato paste 15 gms
Chipotle chilly (Or smoked chilli sauce) 10 gms
Refined oil 20 ml
- Make a puree of all the roasted vegetables in a high speed food processor.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan , add tomato paste, chipotle chilli and cook for a minute.
- Add the puree, pineapple juice and cook on a slow flame for about 15 minutes.
- Add salt to taste
- Cool the sauce for 15 minutes to get a coating consistency
- Clean wash and devein prawns . Pat dry and sprinkle with salt.
- Brush the sauce on prawns and cook on a BBQ grill or a thick Iron griddle for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the prawns sizzling hot with the sauce as an accompaniment
- Can be served with french fries or a fresh salad of your choice.
(The chef is a senior sous chef at Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre)