Khichdi Lands 40 Students in Hospital

Published: 07th July 2015 04:18 AM  |   Last Updated: 07th July 2015 04:18 AM   |  A+A-

HYDERABAD: About 40 girl students studying at the Social Welfare Residential School in Mahendra Hills, were admitted to the Fever hospital on Monday after they showed signs of food poisoning. The girls, all studying class V and VI were served fried-rice and egg curry on Sunday night. On Monday morning they consumed khichdi.

Later, the girls complained of vomiting and nausea after which they were rushed to the Fever hospital in Nallakunta by the school authorities.

“The condition of the students is stable and there is nothing to worry,” said Dr K Shankar, superintendent of Fever Hospital.

Stay up to date on all the latest Hyderabad news with The New Indian Express App. Download now


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp