HYDERABAD:Is there a love angle to the death of 17-year old Nabeel Mohammed, who died on the lanes of Panjeshah in Mir Chowk on May 3? Police suspect so. However, it is only among one of the possible conspiracy theories police are examining.
The Mir Chowk police, who have detained as many as eight youths in the case, are yet to register a murder case. They are awaiting the post-mortem report so as to alter Section 174 of the CrPC (suspicious death), already booked, into that of a murder. Invoking various sections of the IPC, namely, 302, 201, 109 r/w 341 on charges of murder, causing disappearance of evidence of offence, or giving false information to screen offender, abettment and wrongful restraint, a case is expected to be registered on Tuesday against the eight youths involved in the deadly combat.
Meanwhile, body of the teenager was exhumed on Monday morning and an autopsy was conducted. A team of doctors from the Osmania hospital and forensic experts conducted the autopsy on the body in the Barkas graveyard, in the presence of MRO, executive magistrate and police officials. “It appears that the fight was just to decide who was the strongman in the group. Usually, in such scenarios, the one who loses would have to treat the winner to some biryani etc. Along with this, we are examining if a previous conflict between Nabeel and another boy regarding a girl they liked could be behind this fight,” said V Satyanarayana, DCP, south zone. According to him, death has been caused due to a head injury but only after an official post-mortem report could they book a case.
He also said their past criminal records and activities too were being investigated. Four teams of officials are working on the case, he added. Relatives of Nabeel on Monday alleged that Omar Baig, one of the prime accused, had been involved in several petty cases and that the boy who knocked Nabeel down is a streetfighter who makes money out of fighting.