STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Anganwadi teacher electrocuted while charging mobile phone in Hyderabad 

Govindamma suffered a severe electric shock and collapsed when she was connecting her mobile phone to the charger on Sunday morning. 

Published: 02nd April 2017 06:50 PM  |   Last Updated: 02nd April 2017 06:50 PM   |  A+A-

Image used for representational purpose.

By Express News Service

HYDERABAD: A 36-year-old woman, who works as an Anganwadi teacher at Pagidipalli village was electrocuted to death when she tried to charge her mobile phone on Sunday morning. The woman was hit by high intensity electric shock as her mobile phone had a metal body, said Yalal police.

B Govindamma (36), mother of two kids aged below 11 years, was working as an Anganwadi teacher in Pagidipalli village while her husband B Yellappa, is a farmer.

On Sunday morning, at around 8 am, when Govindamma was connecting her mobile phone to the charger, she suffered a severe electric shock and collapsed. Her husband noticed this and immediately rushed her to a nearby hospital, but she was declared brought dead, said police.

Police said preliminary probe revealed that the entire hamlet suffered an electric shock on Sunday morning due to improper earthing of electricity. Unfortunately, Govindamma was holding a phone with a metal body and received an intense shock leading to her death.

The sub inspector said the electricity supply to the hamlet is legal, but they did not fill water in the earthing point.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp