HYDERABAD: In a tragic incident, a BTech student of National Institute of Technology, Warangal, came in contact with a high tension wire and sustained 90 per cent burns.
According to police, the student has been identified as Hemanth of Rajasthan. The incident occurred when Hemanth along with two of his friends was going to a tiffin center outside the campus to have snacks by crossing a railway track near Kazipet railway station.
They crossed the tracks where a goods train was stationed. The two friends crossed by passing under the gap of the goods bogey whereas Hemanth tried to cross the bogie by climbing over it and in the process came in contact with the high tension wire meant for electric engines and suffered severe burns.
The two students informed the institute authorities, who along with the railway police shifted him to MGM office.
From there, he was shifted to a corporate hospital in the city where his condition is stated to be very critical.