Fire breaks out in textile showroom

Published: 20th March 2013 09:23 AM  |   Last Updated: 20th March 2013 09:23 AM   |  A+A-


A fire broke out in a multi-storey textile showroom near Palarivattom bypass at Vennala in the wee hours of Tuesday.

The first floor of the building was completely destroyed in the fire. It took almost two hours for around 50 firemen from the Club Road, Gandhinagar, Tripunithura and Thrikakkara units to extinguish the fire. According to the Fire and Rescue Services personnel, the reason for the fire is yet to be ascertained.

Joe Kuruvila, division officer, Fire and Rescue Services, led the operation.

The Palarivattom police have registered a case and an inquiry is on into the incident.


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp