Mid-day meal distribution issue will be resolved soon: V Sivankutty

He said the government’s policy is to ensure advanced technological facilities for the students.

Published: 10th September 2023 07:59 AM  |   Last Updated: 10th September 2023 08:00 AM   |  A+A-

Kerala Education Minister V Sivankutty. (Photo | EPS)

Minister for General Education V Sivankutty. (File photo)

By Express News Service

KOCHI: Minister for General Education V Sivankutty said the issues related to the distribution of mid-day meals in schools will be resolved soon. He was speaking at the inauguration of labs at Vennala Government High School. Computer, physics, chemistry, and botany labs have been set up at Vennala GHS. The labs are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities spending a sum of Rs. 1.2 crore.

“The mid-day meal distribution in schools is a Centrally-funded scheme. The Union government bears 60 per cent of the expense of the scheme while the state government contributes the remaining 40 per cent. The current issues related to the execution of the scheme will soon be resolved with the help of the Centre,” said the minister. 

He said the government’s policy is to ensure advanced technological facilities for the students. “The state government has spent Rs 3,800 crore for the development of basic infrastructure at schools. The protection of public education is the declared policy of the state government,” said Sivankutty.

Follow The New Indian Express channel on WhatsApp


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp