STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Fire in residential building in Mumbai's Borivali, fireman injured

The fire was extinguished by around 9.30 am, the official said, adding that Badhak was admitted to Shatabdi Hospital in Kandivali and discharged after treatment.

Published: 04th September 2021 01:34 PM  |   Last Updated: 04th September 2021 01:34 PM   |  A+A-

The blaze erupted in Ganjawala Residency building in Borivali west around 7 am. (Photo | Twitter screengrab/@ss_suryawanshi)

The blaze erupted in Ganjawala Residency building in Borivali west around 7 am. (Photo | Twitter screengrab/@ss_suryawanshi)

By PTI

MUMBAI: A fire broke out on the top floor of a seven-storey residential building in suburban Borivali on Saturday and a fireman was injured during the firefighting operation there, an official said.

The blaze erupted in Ganjawala Residency building in Borivali west around 7 am, he said.

"After being informed about the incident, some fire brigade personnel and police staff rushed to the spot and launched the firefighting operation and started rescuing people. Forty-three-year-old fireman, Nathu Sarjerao Badhak, sustained 8 to 12 per cent burn injuries during it," he said, adding that all the residents of the building were safe.

The fire was extinguished by around 9.30 am, the official said, adding that Badhak was admitted to Shatabdi Hospital in Kandivali and discharged after treatment.

The fire was caused due to an electrical short circuit at an office that was shut, he said.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp