‘Food poisoning’ leads to brief closure of KFC outlet

Published: 09th November 2012 11:16 AM  |   Last Updated: 09th November 2012 11:16 AM   |  A+A-

What was initially reported to be a case of food poisoning led to a brief closure of the city outlet of the fast food chain Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) on Thursday evening. The authorities allowed it to resume functioning after it turned out to be a false alarm, Vanchiyoor Police said.

 According to the police, a customer had vomited after leaving the outlet. He had flagged down a police jeep. He was immediately rushed to the General Hospital and the police alerted the food safety officials.  In the meantime, the KFC outlet was ordered to down shutters.  Food safety officials took the statement of the customer, but did not pursue the case after the duty doctor confirmed it was not a case of food poisoning. The affected person had not filed a complaint, police said. 


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp