STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Brand new Bullet catches fire in Jagathy; rider safe

A man had a miraculous escape when his brand new Royal Enfield Bullet 500 burst into flames while he was riding it at Jagathy here on Thursday.

Published: 03rd February 2017 03:39 AM  |   Last Updated: 03rd February 2017 03:39 AM   |  A+A-

By Express News Service

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: A man had a miraculous escape when his brand new Royal Enfield Bullet 500 burst into flames while he was riding it at Jagathy here on Thursday.

The owner, Mohanan Nair of Venjaramoodu, an excise inspector at Amaravila, had bought the bike on January 19 from a showroom at Kazhakkoottam. The vehicle is yet to be registered.

According to Nair, fire broke out from the rear of the bike while he was heading to Jagathy from Edapazhanji. “As soon as I noticed the fire I abandoned the vehicle. Onlookers helped douse the fire,” he said.

The service centre informed Nair the fire might have occurred due to unscientific wiring connecting battery and horn. The service centre has reportedly turned down the request to replace the bike.  


Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

IPL_2020
flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp