THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: A Major disaster was averted with the timely intervention of police officers in informing the Fire Force about a fire outbreak at a shop in the early hours of Wednesday.
The fire broke around 2.30 am in a fancy jewellery shop ‘Star Tools’ at Aryashala, near Killippalam, suspected to have been caused by a short circuit.
The fire was noticed by police officers who were on a night patrol. Had they not intervened on time, the fire could have spread to nearby shops leading to a major inferno, firemen said. Three units from Chenkalchoola battled for one hour to contain the fire.
According to Fire and Rescue team, the spark triggered from the control unit of CCTV camera led to the blaze. The display system, CCTV camera, electrical devices were completely charred.