6-year-old in Thiruvananthapuram chokes to death after having ‘mixture’

Though she was rushed to the GMCH, she was declared brought dead. 

Published: 13th July 2021 05:18 AM  |   Last Updated: 13th July 2021 05:18 AM   |  A+A-

death, murder, suicide, die, dead

Representational image. (Photo | EPS)

By Express News Service

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: A Class 1 girl in Thiruvananthapuram had a tragic death after mixture, a snack, got stuck in her respiratory tract on Sunday. Six-year-old Niveditha, a student of the Government Lower Primary School, Cotton Hill choked to death while having the snack at her home on Sunday. Quoting her parents, the police said the girl developed uneasiness while eating the snack around 3pm. She was first taken to the Santhivila Taluk Hospital, and was referred to the Government Medical College Hospital as her condition was critical. Though she was rushed to the GMCH, she was declared brought dead. 


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp