VIJAYAWADA: In a shocking incident, a CNG bus was gutted reportedly due to a technical issue in the engine, at Siddhartha Medical College, near NTR University on Tuesday morning. Luckily none of the passengers suffered any injuries.
“The incident took place at around 8.45 am, when the CNG bus (route number -54) was on its way to the Railway Station from Autonagar bus stop. On reaching the medical bus stop, the driver heard a sound from the engine," said the officials of the Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC).
CLICK TO WATCH VIDEO BELOW:
The alert driver immediately stopped the bus and rushed the commuters to disembark the vehicle.
"The moment everyone got off the bus, a short circuit in the engine triggered a blast, leading to the fire," the official said adding that the CNG-run bus was completely gutted in a matter of minutes.