1) When can you add two to eleven and get one as the correct answer?
2) Arnold Schwarzenegger has a long one. Michael J Fox has a short one. Madonna doesn’t use hers. Bill Clinton always uses his. The Pope never uses his. What is it?
3) Which five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
4) Find a number less than 100 that is increased by one-fifth of its value when its digits are reversed.
5) Which letter comes next in the following sequence? D R M F S L T _
6) Johnny’s mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child’s name?
7) If you were running a race and you passed the person in second place, what place would you be in now?
8) How many times can you subtract the number two from the number fifty?
9) What’s full of holes but can still hold water?
10) Can you think of a common word that contains double C, double S and double L? Can you think of a second one?
11) What number comes next in the following sequence? 2 4 8 10 20 _
12) Without it, I’m dead. If I’m not, then I’m behind. What am I?
13) If you wrote all the numbers from 300 to 400 on a piece of paper, how many times would you have written the number 3?
14) You are in a place called Jack’s World and there is only one law. There is a mirror, but no reflection. There is pizza with cheese, but no sausage. There is pepper, but no salt. There is a door, yet no entrance or exit. What is the law?
15) I come in different shapes and sizes. Parts of me are curved, other parts are straight. You can put me anywhere you like, but there is only one right place for me. What am I?
16) A milkman has two empty jugs: a three gallon jug and a five gallon jug. How can he measure exactly one gallon without wasting any milk?
1) When you add two hours to eleven o’ clock, you get one o’ clock.
4) 45 (1/5 of 45 = 9, 9 + 45 = 54).
5) D - each letter represents one note in the diatonic musical scale: Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Ti, Do.
7) Second place.
8) Once. After that, you would be subtracting from 48.
9) A sponge.
10) Successfully, unsuccessfully.
11) 22 (the sequence alternates +2, x2)
13) 120 (100 threes in the hundreds place + 10 threes in the tens place + 10 threes in the ones place).
14) Everything (each word) in Jack’s World must contain double letters.
15) A jigsaw puzzle piece.
16) The milkman fills the three gallon jug and then empties the contents into the five gallon jug. He then fills the three gallon jug again and continues to fill the five gallon jug until it is full. The milk remaining in the three gallon jug is precisely one gallon.