As we turn 50, here are #CoachLifeHacks
Today is my 50th column and I can only say that this is just the beginning and will do my best to add value to your lives by reaching 500 and beyond. I’d like to start with a THANK YOU as it wouldn’t have been possible for us to reach this MILESTONE without your blessings. We thought we must do something UNIQUE & MEMORABLE. Hence, we decided to share with you my own set of LIFE HACKS based on common proverbs. I’d like to begin with from THE START of our lives and cover as much as possible. Hope you find it thought provoking and enlightening.
1. Being born isn’t a CHOICE, it doesn’t matter if it happened BY CHANCE. So let’s create JOY(S), let’s be happy enough to dance! (OR) Being born isn’t a CHOICE. Since we’re already here... let’s create JOY(s).
2. Nobody is a loser; to be born itself is being a WINNER, as we had to be the FASTEST RUNNER.
3. Learn to walk, before you run. Ensure you talk, only after you listen.
4. Look before you leap, If you don’t, you’ll land too DEEP!
5. Like father, like son, but mum wins if she is loving and FUN.
6. Charity begins at home. It doesn’t only when you’re always out to roam.
7. Blood is thicker than water. What others tell you, really doesn’t matter.
8. A friend in need, is a friend indeed. Who’s not to be remembered, only when there is A NEED!
9. Birds of the same feather, flock together. The question is, will they still do so even in BAD WEATHER?
10. Two heads are better than one. Without an objective, it’s as good as having NONE.
11. To err is human, to forgive divine. Once is fine, repeatedly isn’t a good sign!
12. Don’t judge a book by its cover. Read it first, you’ll have a lot to discover.
13. The first impression is the best impression. Not today, as many suffer from the lack of expression.
14. If you can’t beat them, join them. Only if you’re convinced and not confused.
15. When in Rome, be a ROMAN. But, first remember that you’re a HUMAN.
16. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Unless you’re really ready to risk it!
17. Better late than never. If you never start, it’ll take forever.
18. Past has passed, good or bad, nothing forever lasts.
19. Honesty is the best policy. Sometimes, so is modesty.
20. All is fair, in love and war. Be reasonable in both, don’t push too far.
21. Love is blind, maybe before. Today it’s all in the mind.
22. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. We just need to ensure, it’s ONLY in that of TRUE LOVE, not a MOLESTER.
23. True beauty lies within. You’re in for a SPIN, if you only consider the SKIN.
24. There is a fine line between love and hate. If you don’t understand it, leave the rest to fate.
25. Two’s company, three’s a crowd. If you have only one, ensure that you’re LOVED.
26. Too much is too bad. Unless it’s ASSERTIVENESS, the rest makes you sad.
27. Rome wasn’t built in a day. It was built yesterday, today and EVERY DAY.
28. Failure is the stepping stone to success. Learn from them or it’ll cause you a lot of distress.
29. A man is known by the company he keeps. The wrong type will ensure he never sleeps.
30. Old habits die hard. Use it as an excuse and you’re forever scarred.
31. Behind every successful man, there’s a woman. An unsuccessful man is the one, who aimed for WOMEN.
32. The higher you climb, the harder you fall. It’s better to be GROUNDED, rather than always WALKING TALL.
33. Out of sight, out of mind. If this happens, your thoughts were never aligned.
34. The grass always looks greener on the other side. What we don’t realise is, it’s the same sentiment from both the sides.
35. All that glitters is not gold. Looks are deceptive, wait for the truth to unfold.
36. One man’s food is a other man’s poison. Respect choices as mixing the two is treason.
37. Live and let live. Be selfless and to your best, GIVE.
38. What goes around, comes around. It comes unannounced without a sound.
39. Where there’s a will, there’s a way. I’m referring to the mental ability, not inheritance, by the way.
40. Every dark cloud has a silver lining. We often expect gold and seldom count our blessing(s).
41. Better safe than sorry. Otherwise, it’ll cause a lot of worry.
42. A watched pot can never boil. Results only come to those who toil.
43. As you sow, shall you reap. You cannot scatter and expect a big heap.
44. Too many cooks spoil the broth. It’s equal to making clothes, minus the cloth.
45. Practice makes perfect. You’ll be an IDOL, impossible to neglect.
46. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Distribute them based on your needs, considering every aspect.
47. A rolling stone gathers no moss. An inactive human, just gains mass.
48. Still waters run deep. The depth cannot be ascertained with just a peep.
49. No news is good news. Not always true, as everyone has different views.
50. Many of the things are just mind over matter. True! If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter!
Some more just in case the above isn’t enough,
- Ignorance is bliss. Not if you have already given each other a kiss.
- Easy come, easy go. After it comes, we’re ignorant and don’t modulate the flow.
- An apple a day, keeps the doctor away. Not after iPhones and other gadgets, have come into play.
- There’s no time like the present. We’re mostly stuck in the past, and presently absent.
- Necessity is the mother of inventions. Desires today are the main reason for frustrations.
- Familiarity breeds contempt. In other cases, there’s absolutely no attempt.
- The chain is only as strong as it’s weakest link. But do we ever analyse ourselves, or sit and think?
- Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. Expectations and reality always don’t match.
- Cleanliness is next to godliness. Let’s first clean our minds, before talking about the holiness.
- Money doesn’t grow on trees. Honey will not too, we better save the bees.
Adarsh Benakappa Basavaraj
That’s Right! We’re Now Available on WhatsApp Too! +91 73580 29990
(You can also send in your selfies, opinions, contest replies and feedback via WhatsApp)