STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

India condemns bomb attack in Bahrain

NEW DELHI: India Friday condemned a bomb attack in a village in Bahrain and assured that the over 400,000 Indians living in the Gulf country are safe. "We condemn such acts of viole

Published: 13th April 2012 09:46 PM  |   Last Updated: 16th May 2012 07:30 PM   |  A+A-

NEW DELHI: India Friday condemned a bomb attack in a village in Bahrain and assured that the over 400,000 Indians living in the Gulf country are safe.

"We condemn such acts of violence," external affairs ministry spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said here.

"Our embassy in Manama, Bahrain is closely monitoring the situation and has conveyed that all Indians in Bahrain are safe," the spokesperson said.

Two home-made bombs Thursday were hurled into a school in Bahrain, but there were no casualties.

Seven policemen were injured earlier this week after a petrol bomb exploded in East Ekar area. Anti-government protesters have stepped up activities as Bahrain is set to host the Formula 1 race April 20-22. The protesters have urged the international community to boycott the race.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp