Fire in Mumbai shop; no casualties

Published: 15th August 2012 08:26 PM  |   Last Updated: 15th August 2012 10:49 PM   |  A+A-


A minor fire broke out in a garment shop near a mall here this evening, civic body officials said.

No casualties were reported in the fire which broke out at around 6.40 pm in the shop in Dadar area, officials in BMC's Disaster Management Cell said.

An electric short circuit is suspected to have caused the blaze which was brought under control within 25 minutes by Fire Brigade personnel, they said.


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp