Five children injured as school van catches fire

Published: 21st December 2012 11:22 AM  |   Last Updated: 21st December 2012 01:17 PM   |  A+A-


Five children were seriously injured when a school van caught fire in Bundi District in Rajasthan,  police said today.

The van of a private school was going to drop the students to Madhopura village from Gurukul Education Academy yesterday when it caught fire.

The injured children, all below 10 years of age, have been admitted to a government hospital here.

Station House Officer (SHO), Dai Police Station, said the fire broke out due to a short circuit in the van.

District Collector Shiv Kumar Agrawal said school administrators would be asked to properly maintain vehicles ferrying students.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp