Two convicts in the 1993 Mumbai bomb blast case surrendered before the TADA Court here on Monday to complete the remainder of their sentence.
Though the Supreme Court had set a May 16 deadline to all the convicts to surrender, only actor Sanjay Dutt surrendered before the court on that day.
Zaibunissa Kazi, 75, and Sharif Parkar, 80, had sought for more time to surrender on medical grounds, which was denied by the court, and the TADA Court had issued non-bailable warrants against them on May 17.
On Monday, as Kazi was besieged by the media when she turned up at the TADA court, she broke down begging for mercy and forgiveness.
Kazi said that she had suffered enough and urged the centra;government to pardon her.
She said that it was not possible to endure the punishment due to her age and health conditions. Kazi had undergone a kidney operation.
Besides, she claims to suffer from hypertension, cholesterol and thyroid. In fact her lawyer had sought time from the court till May 20 for conducting medical tests.
Kazi was convicted under the Arms Act and TADA on charges of allowing her house to be used to store the weapons that had been returned by Dutt.
Though she admitted that Abu Salem, whom she knew as a real estate agent, had asked her to stock ‘things’, she claimed that she was not aware that it contained weapons till her arrest.