Three Workers Killed After Inhaling Toxic Gas

Published: 07th December 2015 02:32 PM  |   Last Updated: 07th December 2015 02:32 PM   |  A+A-


WEST BENGAL: Three workers of a leather unit were killed and two others fell critically ill after inhaling toxic gas fumes while trying to clear a clogged channel at Bantala Leather Complex in South 24 Pargana district today.

While the three workers died on the spot, two others were  admitted to a hospital in a serious condition, the police said.

Workers were staging a protest against the lack of safety measures, like provision of masks to the workers.


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp