BJP Releases Vision Document, Promises to Make Delhi a World Class City
NEW DELHI: Four days ahead of the Delhi assembly polls, BJP today released a "Vision Document" laying down a road-map to make the national capital a world class city with major focus on development and women security besides promising transparency in governance.
However, the document did not spell out BJP's position on full statehood to the national capital which it had promised in its manifestos for the 2013 assembly polls and past elections.
The Vision Document, which came in place of the manifesto, promises to address shortage of water, ensure round-the-clock power supply, proving houses to slum dwellers and making the administration responsive and people-friendly.
"We will make Delhi a world-class city. We will ensure development of all sections. Women security will be a priority area for us," BJP's Chief Ministerial candidate Kiran Bedi said releasing the document along with host of senior leaders.
Senior leaders Nirmala Sitharaman, Ananth Kumar, Harsh Vardhan, party's Delhi unit Chief Satish Upadhyay were present on the occasion.
On the statehood issue, Sitharaman said it is an important matter for the party and we will discuss it with the stakeholders before taking a final decision.
The party also did not make any specific mention about cutting power tariff which was a major promise by it ahead of assembly polls in 2013. However, the document said BPL and poor families will be provided power at subsidised rate.
In 2013 manifesto, BJP had promised to cut tariff by 30 per cent if it comes to power.
Highlights of the Vision Document
- In the vision document, the party promised to scrap the controversial Bus Rapid Corridor in South Delhi.
- The government will make compulsory health insurance for all citizens of Delhi.
- 15-bed hospitals and ambulances with paramedical staff will be made available at every 5-km in the national capital if it comes to power.
- private OPD facilities by government specialists in all government hospitals from 5 PM to 7 PM in the evenings.
- Special Cell for northeast people to be set up in all police stations along with a special 24-hour helpline.
- To safeguard the students from the Northeast, special guardianships will be arranged with local families for them, the saffron party also promised.
- Regularisation and development of unauthorised colonies will be done and all facilities, similar to those provided by DDA colonies, will be provided. The funds for the lay-out of these colonies will be granted by Delhi government and the flats can be registered with the appropriate authorities.
- Water rates will be rationalised and water bills will also be reviewed. Besides, water will be brought from Munak Canal in cooperation with Haryana government.
- Clean, potable water will be made available to every home in the national capital. Rainwater harvesting will be encouraged and government will provide aid for the same.
- To cap wastage of water, the basic structure of the water supply chain will be modernised and check dams will be built on Yamuna River