Fire Breaks at Russian Embassy in Delhi

Published: 25th January 2015 09:36 PM  |   Last Updated: 25th January 2015 09:36 PM   |  A+A-

NEW DELHI: A minor fire broke out at the Russian embassy here Sunday morning, an official said. The fire broke out around 10 a.m. at the ground floor of the Mini Health Club at the Russian embassy in Chanakyapuri diplomatic enclave.

Six fire tenders were rushed to the spot and they took an hour to douse the fire, said an official of the Delhi Fire Service. Police said the fire broke out due to an electrical short circuit in a refreshing room.

"No one was injured in the fire. As there was a narrow path for the fire tenders to reach near the embassy, we took a few more minutes to douse the fire by attaching water pipes," the official said.



Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp