NEW DELHI: After inviting a high-powered guest, the NDA Government is leaving no stone unturned, to make this Republic Day parade a memorable one.
Click here >>> Rare Photos of US Presidents Visit to India
Barack Obama makes history as the first US President to be the Chief Guest at India's 66th Republic Day.
Click here >>> Everything You Need to Know About Obama Visit
Watch Live Stream:
Live Highlights of Republic Day:
- The entire Rajpath stands for the National Anthem, approaching conclusion of 66th Republic Day.
- Astounding formations displayed by the Indian Air Force
- Next up the amazing Motor cycle display by the Border Security Force
- Swachh Bharat dance performed by Government school of Nathupura.
- The Gujarat Tableaux...featuring the Iron man, Sardar Patel
- Arunachal Pradesh's tableaux displays IGU dance a.k.a the dance of the priest.
- Haryana tableaux showcases sultanpur bird sanctuary.
- The New State Telangana presents Bonaalu performing past the saluting base for the first time.
- Sikkim's large cardamom cultivation dances past.
- Assam tableaux themed incredible Majuli performing their skit, goes past the base.
- Madhya Pradesh tableaux themed love and matchmaking showcase their splendor.
- The Goa fishing industry make their presence felt.
- Colors-galore of Indian culture, Channapatna Toys dance past the saluting base.
# RepublicDay: Aerial view of a wet Rajpath on a drizzly morning pic.twitter.com/gzr16pqlPw— PIB India (@PIB_India) January 26, 2015
Now the tableaux start...Karnataka leads ..
Girls NCC and FCC contingents march past the saluting base.
Boys NCC band along with FCC senior boys contingent march past.
The Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) contingent marches past the saluting base.
The Delhi police band marches on Rajpath
The CISF contingent marches ahead, with RPF band behind them.
Assam rifles contingent march past the saluting base.
The BSF Camel Band marches past the saluting base.
Celebrating their golden jubilee this year, the BSF contingent marches part the saluting base.
Pinaka multi rocket launcher system and Surface to air Akash missile now being displayed at the spectacular Rajpath!
US President Barack Obama seen chewing gum, as he watches the matching contingents.
Modi seen chatting with US President Barack Obama.
For the first time, All-women contingent led by Captain Divya. A
The T-90s tanks rumble past the saluting base.
One of the few.cavalry regiments left in the world marches past the saluting base
Parade Commander Maj.Gen.Subroto Mitra salutes the Commander-in-Chief
The Republic Day parade commences.
Choppers fly at 150 km/h at a height of 60 feet above Rajpath.
Its drizzling heavily at Republic Day parade....undeterred, a section of the audience.
Major Mukund Varadharajan's wife Indu Rebecca Varghese receives the Ashok Chakra awarded posthumously.
NK Neeraj Kumar Singh awarded the Ashok Chakra award.
Ashok Chakra Awarded posthumously to the martyrs.
Leaders standing in attention, as the national anthem plays.
The national anthem is being played at Rajpath. The National flag is hoisted.
President Pranab Mukherjee arrives at Rajpath, Over 1.25 Lakh people are seated at the parade.
Vice President Hamid Ansari arrives at Rajpath.
US President Barack Obama and his Michelle Obama arrives at Rajpath, presently escorted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
US President Obama arrives at the parade, will be the Chief Guest pic.twitter.com/ED9HevmFmY— PIB India (@PIB_India) January 26, 2015
PM arrives at saluting base on Rajpath, in colourful safa, amidst applause from crowds.
PM Modi pays homage to the martyrs who made the supreme sacrifice for India's freedom.
PM at Amar Jawan Jyoti.... pic.twitter.com/sVjbNQIwes— PIB India (@PIB_India) January 26, 2015
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's approaches the Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrives at red fort
Officers and Air Force, Army and Navy personnel men Navy paying respects to at the Amar Jawan Jyoti now.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar pay respects to martyrs at Amar Jawan Jyoti.
1st Republic Day memorablia. Stamp issued on 26 Jan,1950 adorns back cover of 1st US Telegram gifted 2 US Prez by PM pic.twitter.com/s82ySzYleC— Syed Akbaruddin (@MEAIndia) January 26, 2015