KOLKATA: A 27-year-old person choked to death when the ball with which he was playing with his pet dog slipped into his mouth and blocked the windpipe.
The police today said that Arnesh Singhania suffered the horrible death on Friday night when he was playing with the pet, a cultured Pomeranian, Scooby, with a ball at his home at Lake Gardens in south Kolkata.
"It was a fluorescent-red coloured jumping ball 1.5 inches in diameter with which Arnesh was playing with his pet dog. He was holding the ball in between his teeth and acting the way dogs do by shaking head when accidentally the ball slipped into his mouth choking him to death," the police said.
Arnesh, a BBA-graduate, died on the way to Sishumangal Hospital, police said.
Arnesh's father Prabir and mother Papiya were not home at the time of the incident. His aunt and a maid who were present tried to get the ball out by vigorously massaging the chest, but to no avail.
The family owns a salon on Lake Road.