SAHARANPUR: More than 150 people, including women and children, have been rushed to district hospital here in an apparent case of food poisoning, officials said today. After consuming food at a function in Chataki village, around 150 villagers were admitted to district hospital after they complained of vomiting and diarrhoea, Saharanpur Chief Medical Officer Dr Sayeed Ahmed said.
The villagers had food at a function on Wednesday following which the next day some of them complained of vomiting and took medicine from Primary Health Centre, Dr Ahmed said. But yesterday condition of many people deteriorated and they were admitted to the district hospital, he said.
The food consumed in the function is suspected to be contaminated, the CMO said, adding that Health department teams have carried out spraying of medicine in the area and water samples have been taken for testing.
Saharanpur District Magistrate Pawan Kumar and MLC Umar Ali Khan met the villagers undergoing treatment in hospital.