The following are the main points of what the ex-servicemen have agreed to and what they are asking for:
* Including those with voluntary/premature retirement: The government announced excluding those with voluntary retirement under OROP. The veterans met Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar over the issue, and said they were satisfied with the assurance that those with premature retirement will be included.
* Calling off indefinite fast: The veterans say they will end their indefinite fast when the government gives a written confirmation on including those with premature retirement under OROP.
* Agitation to continue: The agitation will continue till other issues are sorted out. This includes revision every five years, while the veterans want it every two years.
* No one-member judicial committee: The veterans want a five-member committee which is directly under the defence minister. Members should include three retired veterans, one serving member of the forces and one person designated by the government.
* Committee report time: While the government sought the one-member judicial committee report in six months, the veterans want the report in one month.
* Calculating pension: The government's formula for calculating pension is taking out an average of different pensions for the same rank, but those above average will be protected. The veterans want average of top pensioner to be considered for formulating the quantum of the pension.
(As conveyed at the Jantar Mantar protest site by Major General Satbir Singh (retd))