Three Die After Consuming Wild Mushrooms in Mizoram

The dead people included an eight-years-old boy, a ten-years-old boy and a 34-years-old man.

Published: 09th April 2016 10:31 AM  |   Last Updated: 09th April 2016 10:31 AM   |  A+A-

By IANS

AIZAWL: Three people including a child, were killed and four fell sick after consuming wild mushrooms in Mizoram, official said here on Saturday.

"Three of a family died in Mamit district (in Western Mizoram) after eating wild mushrooms on Friday. Two children, a woman and a man also fell sick and admitted to Aizawl Civil Hospital," an official from health department said.

The official said that the mushrooms were brought from the forest and might be poisonous or not cooked properly before eating.

The dead people included an eight-years-old boy, a ten-years-old boy and a 34-years-old man.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp