NEW DELHI: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Friday said the leak of secret data on the combat capability of the Scorpene-class submarines is not a big worry since the leak does not include details of weapon system, adding the Indian Navy has been asked to address the areas of concern.
Addressing a press conference here, Parrikar said one must not worry about this episode, adding the Centre will very soon put things in order.
“We are going by assumption of the worst case scenario. Have told them (Indian Navy) based on inputs to find out the areas of concern and take appropriate steps to address it,” said Parrikar.
“There are few pockets of concerns. We’ll be able to put things into perspective,” said Parrikar.
“Our submarine has so far not done the sea trials therefore, the most important signature doesn't form part of the documents,” he added.
According to reports, the French Government yesterday said documents relating to Indian submarines were stolen from French naval contractor DCNS and not leaked.
India and France have opened investigations after The Australian newspaper published the news on Wednesday.
'The Australian' newspaper uploaded information on its website relating to information about operating instructions of underwater warfare system of the six Scorpene submarines, which are being built in India by French firm DCNS.