STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

20 Children Taken Ill at Uttarakhand After Swallowing Deworming Pills

Published: 10th February 2016 11:50 PM  |   Last Updated: 11th February 2016 12:57 PM   |  A+A-

By ANI

KHATIMA: At least 20 schoolchildren were taken ill and admitted to a community health centre after they were allegedly administered deworming medicine on National Deworming Day here in Udham Singh Nagar district on Wednesday.

The condition of children started deteriorating reportedly after they were administered doses of Albendazole tablets at Government Girls Inter College. They were admitted at a community health centre.

Chief Medical Officer of the Community Health Centre told ANI that deworming medicine was administered to girl students of the college, but when their condition started deteriorating. A medical team was sent there, and after preliminary check-up they were admitted to the hospital, he said.

He added that they are stable now.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp