JODHPUR: Actor Salman Khan, who is the main accused in the poaching of two endangered blackbuck in 1998, recorded his statement on Friday at a local court here and plead not guilty.
51-year-old Khan was asked 65 questions by Chief Judicial Magistrate Dalpat Singh Rajpurohit, but plead innocence in the controversial poaching of the blackbuck during the shoot of his film Hum Saath Saath Hain.
"Khan has not committed any crime. After the film shooting, he used to remain in the hotel. He has been framed in the case and we would produce the evidence in favour of his innocence on the next date," said his counsel H M Saraswat.
Khan was joined in court by his co-stars and co-accused in the case - Neelam, Tabu, Sonali Bendre and Saif Ali Khan at 11.20 AM. He spent close to one hour in court and left immediately after his statement was recorded. The prosecution has produced 28 witnesses so far.
The court had earlier summoned Salman and the other accused to record their statements in the poaching incident that took place at Kankani village in almost two decades ago.
Salman Khan was earlier this month acquitted for possession of illegal firearms which he is said to have used to kill two blackbuck and Chinkara (Indian Gazelle) nearly 18 years ago.