STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Eight families rendered homeless as house gutted in fire in J&K

Fire tenders were called from Surankote and Poonch and were pressed into service to extinguish the fire. No casualties have been reported, said officials.

Published: 29th October 2018 01:22 PM  |   Last Updated: 29th October 2018 01:22 PM   |  A+A-

Fire

Image used for representational purpose only.

By PTI

JAMMU: Eight families were rendered homeless after a house was gutted in a fire that broke out due to a short circuit in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district Monday, police said.

The house was divided into 8 units in which eight families were residing. No casualties have been reported, they said.

The fire started due to a short circuit at Dogrian hamlet in Surankote tehsil, Sub Divisional Police Officer, Surankote, Riaz Ahmed said.

Fire tenders were called from Surankote and Poonch and were pressed into service to extinguish the fire, he said. 

In another incident, one shop was gutted in a fire in Mendhar tehsil of Poonch district Monday, police said.

 



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp