Woman, son electrocuted by table fan in Uttar Pradesh

The woman's husband also received an electric shock while trying to save the two.

Published: 24th August 2019 11:05 PM  |   Last Updated: 24th August 2019 11:05 PM   |  A+A-

death, murder,suicide, die, dead

For representational purposes


HARDOI: A woman and her son died after being electrocuted by a table fan here on Saturday, police said.

The woman's husband also received an electric shock while trying to save the two, they said.

The deceased were identified as Ramadevi (46) and her son Opendra Singh (26), the police said.

The incident took place in Jagdish Khera village under Beniganj police station when Opendra tried to position the table fan towards him and received a shock.

Ramadevi rushed to save him and also received an electric shock, said Additional Superintendent of Police Gyanjay Singh.

Ramadevi's husband, Vijaypal, who tried to save her and Opendra, also received an electric shock, he said.

The three were rushed to the district hospital where doctors declared Ramadevi and Opendra dead. Vijaypal is undergoing treatment, the police said.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp