NEW DELHI: Indian and Chinese troops came face-to-face at Naku La in North Sikkim last week amid the tense border standoff between the two sides in eastern Ladakh, people familiar with the development said on Monday.
They said the Chinese troops attempted to transgress into the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) but were stopped by the Indian military personnel.
It is learnt that a brawl broke out when the Indian troops stopped the Chinese soldiers.
IMPORTANT— Mayank (@scribesoldier) January 25, 2021
It is clarified that there was a minor face-off at Nakula area of North Sikkim on 20 January 2021 & the same was resolved by local commanders as per established protocols: Army@NewIndianXpress @TheMornStandard
However, there was no official word on the incident yet.
Naku La was the same site where the Indian and Chinese troops had engaged in a fierce face-off on May 9 last year following a violent clash between the two sides in Pangong lake area in eastern Ladakh that has triggered the nearly nine-month-long military standoff.
The Indian and Chinese armies on Sunday held another round of Corps Commander-level talks with an aim to move forward on disengagement of troops from all the friction points in eastern Ladakh.