STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Fire guts two rooms in Thane hostel, no injury reported

Ninety inmates of a hostel in Sonale in Thane district were brought out safely on Monday evening after a fire broke.

Published: 29th March 2021 11:47 PM  |   Last Updated: 29th March 2021 11:48 PM   |  A+A-

Fire

For representational purposes

By PTI

THANE: Ninety inmates of a hostel in Sonale in Thane district were brought out safely on Monday evening after a fire broke out in the facility's kitchen and gutted two rooms, an official said.

The blaze started at around 8:10pm and four fire-tending vehicles of Bhiwandi Nizampura and Kalyan Dombivali civic bodies were deployed to douse it in an hour, he said.

"The students in the four-storey hostel panicked and some were about to jump from the ledges. However fire brigade personnel managed to convince them to drop the idea. No one was injured in the incident," said chief fire officer Rajesh Pawar.

He said the hostel complex has some safety issues, including the kitchen being allowed to function from it.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp