STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Two dead, two fall ill in Chhattisgarh after consuming hand sanitiser

The incident took place late Sunday night in a locality near a multi-speciality hospital under Gole Bazaar police station limits.

Published: 03rd May 2021 12:07 PM  |   Last Updated: 03rd May 2021 12:07 PM   |  A+A-

Hand Sanitiser

Hand Sanitiser (Photo | AP)

By PTI

RAIPUR: Two persons died and as many others fell sick after consuming hand sanitiser in Raipur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.

The incident took place late Sunday night in a locality near a multi-speciality hospital under Gole Bazaar police station limits, they said.

Prima facie, the four men consumed the sanitiser due to unavailability of liquor during the curbs imposed here to contain the spread of COVID-19, a police official said.

They fell sick and were rushed to the Dr B R Ambedkar Memorial Hospital where two of them died, he said.

The deceased were identified as Raju Chura and Vijay Kumar Chouhan, both aged around 40, he said.

The two others were undergoing treatment at the hospital and their condition was reported to be stable, the official said.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp