STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Burning 'angithi' suffocates brother-sister duo to death in Muzaffarnagar village

Nehha and her brother Ansh were found dead on their bed at Dadheru village under Charthawal police station area in the district.

Published: 18th January 2022 01:42 PM  |   Last Updated: 18th January 2022 01:42 PM   |  A+A-

Death

For representational purposes

By PTI

MUZAFFARNAGAR: Two children choked to death as they had slept in their room while keeping a coal 'angithi' (stove) burning to beat cold at night in a village in the district, police said.

Nehha (15) and her brother Ansh (14) were found dead on their bed at Dadheru village under Charthawal police station area in the district on Monday.

According to their father Rajendra Prajapati, his children were sleeping alone in a room and they had kept burning coal stove near their bed to prevent themselves from cold.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp