The Indian Premier League season brings not only non-stop drama, entertainment and that gleeful combination of Bollywood-meets-cricket, it also gives enough fodder to the meme mills. Whole teams of meme creators seem to be hard at work already, much to the delight of the internet-savvy generation.
As the IPL auction took place today and England's vice-captain Ben Stokes was sold for a whopping Rs. 14.5 crores. Immediately, people started posting memes across Twitter and Facebook. Here are some of the best ones we've curated.
1. Ben Stokes was undoubtedly the highlight of the auction as people took turns guessing how he would've reacted to his price.
2. The Pakistan-baiters found a way to make fun of their super league
Jitna 'Pakistan Super League' Ke Winning Team Ko Milta Hai, Usse Double Paise Toh Akela 'Ben Stokes' Le Gaya— MAHIRAT (@FarooqiAfsa) February 20, 2017
Beauty Of IPL#IPLAuction
3. Virender Sehwag went down the same road.
4. When Ben becomes Gujarat's own.
IPLAuction— Fandromeda (@PlayFandromeda) February 20, 2017
Hoping that Gujarat Lions buy Ben Stokes and he is then renamed Stokes Ben.
5. The reactions of Pakistan Super League players were also a hot topic.
PSL players looking at Ben Stokes after the IPL auction pic.twitter.com/YwQoMcWVPv— Mahatma Wayne (@kehke_lena) February 20, 2017
6. Poor lad, Ben Stokes
7. Somebody give this man a medal already!
8. IPL might have just helped out Britain's economy post-Brexit.
9. A lot of enterprising options for Ben Stokes right now.
Ben Stokes can start his own IPL franchise and buy all the unsold players.IPLAuction— Gaurav Sethi (@BoredCricket) February 20, 2017
10. I have a Ben, I have an apple, UH! Apple-Ben