Andhra: 40 fall sick after consuming 'Prasad'

Published: 29th September 2012 10:04 PM  |   Last Updated: 29th September 2012 10:04 PM   |  A+A-


As many as 40 people from Cherla Boothkur village in the district took ill due to suspected food poisoning after they consumed stale 'Prasad' on the concluding day of Ganesh festival, police said.

The affected villagers were admitted to district hospital after they complained of vomiting and dizziness after eating 'pulihora' (tamarind rice) prepared yesterday for the immersion procession of Ganesh idol, they said.

According to sources, many villagers ate the undistributed rice this morning.

The condition of all of those admitted is safe, a health official said.

Stay up to date on all the latest Andhra Pradesh news with The New Indian Express App. Download now


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp