Film production equipment worth crores of rupees has been saved from turning into ashes by fire services personnel and the staff after a major fire broke out in Annapurna Studios in the city on Monday afternoon. No one was injured in the mishap.
The mishap took place in the sets erected to shoot two television programmes. The fire was noticed by the studio crew and two fire tenders from Filmnagar and Sanathnagar were rushed to the spot immediately.
Fire fighters and the studio staff quickly shifted costly production equipment like cameras worth about Rs1.5 crore to safety, thus preventing major property loss.
The fire fighters had to toil hard for three hours to put out the fire as the set that was constructed with highly combustible material that collapsed to the ground.
Police suspect short-circuit behind the mishap. The sets were erected to shoot a music talent show and a youth-based dance show. In another fire accident, dry grass caught fire in the forest area of Hayathnagar on the outskirts of the city on Monday.
Though fire fighters reached the spot immediately, it became difficult for them to enter the forest. The situation has been brought under control in two hours.
In another mishap, fire broke out from a chimney of a restaurant at Ameerpet on Tuesday afternoon triggering panic among the staff and customers. The fire was put off by the staff even before a fire tender from Filmnagar reached the place.