STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Residents Fume Over New Traffic Restriction on MG Road

Published: 07th April 2015 06:04 AM  |   Last Updated: 07th April 2015 06:04 AM   |  A+A-

traffic

VIJAYAWADA: Residents of Vijayawada are fuming over the move of the traffic police department in imposing restrictions on right turn at traffic signals near DV Manor and Chennupati petrol pump on MG road in the city. The vehicle drivers are forced to travel longer, take U Turn and reach their destination.

“Before barricades were set up, I used to reach my office on MG Road in 10 minutes from Moghalrajpuram, but now it takes nearly 20 minutes due to U turn at BSNL office. The traffic police say it is for our safety, but the arrangement is more risky than being safe,” said A Mani Charan, a private employee from the city.

The restriction has affected motorists coming from Tikkel road. After reaching DV Manor, these vehicles have to go towards Benz Circle, take a U turn at BSNL office to reach Mahita Public School road or the straight stretch of the MG Road and the motorists coming from Benz circle need to take a U turn at Chennupati petrol bunk and to go to DV Manor junction.

“These barricades will create more inconvenience to the traffic. Already the dog days of summer have arrived and we are feeling the pinch of heat,” said S Ravi Babu, a private employee from the city.

However, the police department are saying that only 30 per cent of the people are taking right turns at the junctions and creating traffic inconvenience to the remaining 70 per cent of the people, who are travelling on the straight road.

“We agree that 30 per cent of people will be affected but majority will be benefited and in the initial stages, some hiccups are normal, but later, people will be benefited. We have also arranged sign boards for the convenience of motorists on MG road,” said Additional DCP (Traffic) TV Naga Raju.

Stay up to date on all the latest Andhra Pradesh news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp