STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Vivaha Vedika Fails to Enthuse Girls

Published: 27th April 2015 06:02 AM  |   Last Updated: 27th April 2015 06:02 AM   |  A+A-

NELLORE:State-level 13th Vivaha Parichaya Vedika (VPV), organised by Brahmin Free Marriage information Centre (BFMIC) in Nellore on Sunday, witnessed 1,500 aspirants across the state registering their names in the one-day event.

Interestingly, 75 per cent of those registered were unmarried men, who had crossed 40 years of age, while the remaining 25 per cent were females.

“The imbalance in the male-female ratio can be attributed to the fact that girls are educated and they look for grooms possessing equal or higher educational qualification,” V Chandra Mouli, Andhra Pradesh Brahmin Service Federation (APBSF), told Express.

Telugu Brahmin Marriage Introduction Dais (TBMID) state general secretary Mukkala Santha Kumari

said it is unfortunate to witness such pathetic situation in the traditional community.

In a worst scenario, age-barred grooms are ready to accept brides belonging to any sub-sect in the community.

If this situation persists, there may be a danger where grooms would go for inter-caste marriages, she said.

Stay up to date on all the latest Andhra Pradesh news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp